Our Sesami Paste is made from sesame seeds that are soaked in water and then crushed to separate the bran from the kernels. The crushed seeds are soaked in salt water, causing the bran to sink. The floating kernels are skimmed off the surface, toasted, and ground to produce an oily paste. We use tahini to make dressings, soft serve, snack bites, stuffed dates, and so many other dishes.
It is crucial to use fresh sesami seeds. We do not recommend to keep our healthy life Sesami Paste after opening for more than 5 days, since we don't use any preservatives or additives with the aim of extending the product's shelf life. This is contrary to our healthy approach.
We check the freshness just by biting through a couple of grains. If you feel bitterness on your tongue, refuse to buy: these seeds lay for a long time and the valuable oils in them had time to oxidize. High-quality, fresh sesame seeds have no pronounced taste.
Homemade Tahini Paste
Tahini Paste (Sour) contents:
- sesami seeds
- sesami oil
Benefits of Sesami Paste
- Reduces blood pressure. Due to its potassium, antioxidants and plant lignans, sesame paste helps to improve the lipid profile, thereby normalizing blood pressure;
- Improves heart function. This action of the seeds is possible due to the content of sesamoline and sesamin - substances that prevent cardiovascular diseases and eliminate arterial circulation disorders;
- Reduces cholesterol levels. This is due to the phytosterols present in tahini, the so-called beta-sitosterols;
- Promotes weight loss. Despite the fact that sesame paste is very high in calories and high in fat, they are all healthy. In addition, due to the protein content in the seasoning, it is quite satisfying, so a small amount provides a feeling of fullness for a long time;
- Improves brain function. Potassium, manganese and omega-3 fatty acids accelerate the development of nerve tissues, improve memory, and stop degenerative processes.
- Tahini paste is recommended to be used for diseases of bones, joints, skin.
- Tahini contains many antioxidants. They neutralize free radicals and protect against the formation of chronic diseases.